Wild Stripes® Base Layers keep you toasty warm. Unlike cotton they don’t retain moisture so they’ll stop you getting cold and damp by magically wicking clamminess away from your skin. Our thermals are soft and lightweight without being bulky and are really easy to care for. They’ll last for ages and are totally colourfast so you won’t end up with a washing day disaster!
Wild Stripes® Base Layers are ethically made in New Zealand from the finest, premium quality 100% polypropylene yarn and once you’ve worn them out you can even send them to us for recycling.
Wild Stripes® Base Layers are designed for all outdoor activities and are perfect under any wet weather gear or outer layers, leathers, dry suits, board shorts or even just jeans, but you won’t be able to resist showing them off!
Currently available in 7 colours, size XS to XXL.
Munro – Orange and Purple Stripes
Well, we’ve gone really wild with this orange and purple! If you’ve been following us closely you will know that this stripe was suggested by a man in Scotland who climbs hills in trainers. Those of you who also like to do such things (either in boots or trainers) will know that the Munros are the mountains in Scotland with a height of over 3000ft. And there are 282 of them.
Despite having such frivolous colours, our stripes have a serious side. When you’re in the elements you need kit that you can trust to perform. Polypropylene has outstanding wicking and moisture management, which is important not just for comfort, but for safety too. Did you know that the armed forces choose polypropylene for their base layers?
* All our base layers are made in New Zealand from the same great quality, soft, cosy premium 100% polypropylene which is as equally great for high aerobic activity as it is in the cold.
* Unisex styling, and they are super stretchy for freedom of movement.
* They are great insulation to keep you snug
* They wick moisture to keep you warm and dry
* They are lightweight and non-itchy
* They are durable and hard wearing, yet soft to the touch
* Really lightweight at just 164g (size Medium)
* Machine washable and easy care (hot or cold wash, doesn’t really matter!)
* They are designed for all outdoor pursuits and are cut generously long in the leg and come high up your body to keep you covered when you’re active, and go great under wet weather gear, leathers, dry suits, board shorts or anything else…